Incubater question

Sadly - the temperature needs to be very constant. Without a thermostat you cant regulate the temperature and you would get constant spikes and drops.

you can get a constant temperature without using a thermostat, it is trial and error though. in my incubator i have to light bulbs. i tried many different combinations, a 60w and 40w seemed to be the best for my size bator. i was able to turn my temp controller (basically a dimmer switch) and get the temp to stay at 99-100 degrees. there was a few days where we had unseasonably warm weather and caused it to spike at 104, but not for very long. if you can keep the room the bator is in at a constant temperature, you can find a combination that works that will stay constant inside the incubator. i tried everything from two 75w bulbs (too hot) two 60w bulbs(too hot) two 40w bulbs (too cool)
finally a 60 and 40.

i also noticed that if i used wet rags to bring humidity up, temp would drop, as rags dried, temp would go back up. my eggs started hatching and 24 out of 30 made it, 4 did not hatch, 2 died after hatch.

just depends on how much time you have before you are going to incubate, so you can play around with it and get it where you want.

Back
Top Bottom