Incubating 7 eggs using chickers amazon incubator

fiadhdakoo

Hatching
Mar 20, 2024
I bought this incubator as a one time use for my 7 eggs only to recently find out that it is apparently not going to be good! I heard that amazon incubators are terrible only recently and my eggs are coming in the post Thurs-Fri. I'm quite nervous to hatch out my 7 eggs as I am new to incubating but however I genuinely think It looks to be a good incubator. It has a humidifier, no turning system but I'm happy to turn them myself, a touch screen with temperatures. Do you think I will be ok? I really want good hatch rates. The eggs I have are 1 silkie, moss egger, Easter egger, olive egger, cream legbar, French copper maran and a buff laced wyandotte. 7 in total. I'm really excited but it's my first time incubating. Any tips for a first timer? :jumpy

Attachments

• IMG_6700.jpeg
    IMG_6700.jpeg
    419.5 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_6699.jpeg
    IMG_6699.jpeg
    406.6 KB · Views: 4
this is not the model I would recommend, but I have not used it before. please update, and remember with most incubators, the best you can get is 8/10, or probably 5 or 6/7

I would fire the incubator up and put a thermometer/hygrometer in there to make sure the temp and humidity are where they are supposed to be before putting any eggs in there. I usually run mine for a minimum of 2 days to get a good average.

I would fire the incubator up and put a thermometer/hygrometer in there to make sure the temp and humidity are where they are supposed to be before putting any eggs in there. I usually run mine for a minimum of 2 days to get a good average.
This is very good advise. I picked up a free Nurture Right 360 last fall and ran my first set of eggs without testing. When they didn't hatch I then checked it. Temp was way low. None hatched.
My second hatch I have going now I calibrated my externals and ran the 360 for 2 days before setting to make sure I was maintaining temp and humidity.
The humidity is accurate but the temp gauge inserted thru the vent (I don't leave it in there) hole is reading around 100 ish while the 360 display is showing 108.5 on the display. I've also got a hair tie on the external thermometer to keep it the upright display and keeps the needle end hovering just above egg height in case turner moves but still adjustable of course. I'm running my temp a tick high and lower humidity for the Marans eggs... 🙂
IMG_20240313_045313.jpg

Back
Top Bottom