Incubating and a fan

I don't think I have mentioned to always use a surge protector with your incubators. It did save a hatch of mine resently when I had a big spike that blew up my refigerator and coffee pot.

Quote:
I live in a house if you run the vacume cleaner or hair dryer you can see the lights dim. Other times you can slight surges of power. I thought this could be effected my incubation so I use surge protectors on them. I think it helps.

About a month ago a freak thing happen one morning. I was sitting at my desk and my surge protector jump about 6 inch in the air. It happened twice. What the heck! I walked in my kitchen and found it smelled like it was burning and the florestent lights where smoking. Anything that was on at the time and not on a surge protector burt out. I had to replace my refrigerator and coffee pot and all my lights. I am sure if my incubators where not plugged into the surge protector I would have cooked the eggs and need to replace them too. I had a bad nuetral on one of my outlets that caused the problem.

You say 3 days a week you work 12 hrs so on those days I would turn them 2 times on the other days I would turn them 3 times 8hrs apart approximately. I agree it's not that tough my husband turns mine when I'm gone and he does it twice a day because of his work hours too and they all hatch just fine.

Ok sounds awesome, I think that I am going to get things lined up so that I can get some turkey eggs and hatch a few more chicks with them so they will teach them how to eat. Thanks for the help, I am going to give this a shot in a week or so because that is when my chicks hatch. I do have some pheasant eggs still in there but I think I can move them to the other incubator for hatching. Thanks to all I appericate it.

Back
Top Bottom