incubating and hatching to sets of egss?? help!

pefferlawchicken

Songster
10 Years
Feb 22, 2009
ontario, canada
ok so my other incubator aka hatcher is not working so my two sets of eggs are about three days apart so when i raise the humidity its not a big deal but i have put a wall between my bator so that when my chiks hatch they wont get blood and yolk on the other eggs and wont run and push them over> will this work??????

Hello, I've done this before.. just make sure you are getting the same temp on both sides of the wall. I have a hotter area on one side of mine and that could make a huge difference. I have a still air incubator. If you have one with a fan it may not be a problem. Good Luck!!

I don't see why it wouldn't work.
I'm glad you posted this. I've got two seperate hatches in the bator, due seven days apart, with no extra hatcher. Until you mentioned this, I didn't even think about the need to protect the other set of eggs. DUUHHHH!
th.gif

Confusion.... I'm on my first hatch, also, and have eggs 3 days apart. I thought that I HAD to buy another incubator (or make one) as a hatcher. I thought when the first set of eggs reached day 19 and needed higher humidity, the high humidity would "drown" the other eggs filling the air sack with water. Then when the second set of eggs pipped, they would drown.
I have a moving air incubator with 13 eggs in it.

Back
Top Bottom