incubating and hatching to sets of egss?? help!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by pefferlawchicken, Mar 29, 2009.

1. pefferlawchicken

pefferlawchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2009
    ontario, canada
    ok so my other incubator aka hatcher is not working so my two sets of eggs are about three days apart so when i raise the humidity its not a big deal but i have put a wall between my bator so that when my chiks hatch they wont get blood and yolk on the other eggs and wont run and push them over> will this work??????

2. call ducks

call ducks silver appleyard addict

Mar 4, 2009
    waterville , canada
    what day is it ?

3. pefferlawchicken

pefferlawchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2009
    ontario, canada
    right now some eggs are day15 and some day 12

4. Chickie Mamma

Chickie Mamma Farmer at Heart

Apr 20, 2008
    Sherman, CT
    Hello, I've done this before.. just make sure you are getting the same temp on both sides of the wall. I have a hotter area on one side of mine and that could make a huge difference. I have a still air incubator. If you have one with a fan it may not be a problem. Good Luck!!

5. Shanay235

Shanay235 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    WV
    I don't see why it wouldn't work.
    I'm glad you posted this. I've got two seperate hatches in the bator, due seven days apart, with no extra hatcher. Until you mentioned this, I didn't even think about the need to protect the other set of eggs. DUUHHHH![​IMG]

6. ChickBond 007

ChickBond 007 Licensed to Cull

Feb 26, 2009
    Madison County, Iowa
    Confusion.... I'm on my first hatch, also, and have eggs 3 days apart. I thought that I HAD to buy another incubator (or make one) as a hatcher. I thought when the first set of eggs reached day 19 and needed higher humidity, the high humidity would "drown" the other eggs filling the air sack with water. Then when the second set of eggs pipped, they would drown.
    I have a moving air incubator with 13 eggs in it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by