Incubating at School

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by MathChica, Feb 7, 2017.

1. MathChica

MathChica Just Hatched

Feb 7, 2017
    hello!
    We are looking to incubate some eggs in my middle school classroom. We have done this before, but a friend just donated a nice incubator so I'm looking forward to doing it again.
    Where could I find some fertilized eggs? I'm in Cartersville, GA, We have 9 chickens at home, but no roosters.
    Last year we had a parent donate eggs and then they took the chickens that hatched. I would greatly appreciate any advice or direction.

thanks!!!

2. kuchchicks

kuchchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2015
    Shipped eggs that you can get online will offer you a wider variety of breeds but shipped eggs are unpredictable; you may get a great hatch or none at all because of rough handling. If you get a breeder that will package eggs well then your chances are better but still no guarantee. I do sell and ship eggs and take great care in packaging them but sometimes things still happen. Being a class room project I would think that you are not going to want to take the chance of the not hatching so IMO local pickup would be your best bet if you are not paricular on breed. Craigslist near me almost always has hatching eggs available. Go under the farm section and search hatching eggs. I'm sure you will get several.

If you don't find what you are looking for online locally let me know. If you pay for shipping I won't charge you for eggs.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by