incubating button quail'' HELP ''

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by chickalator, Apr 2, 2008.

1. chickalator

chickalator Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2008
    Senoia Georgia
    I was wondering. button quail eggs are so small that they will not fit in a regular egg turner. can you just put two in each space?

2. MBLayfield

MBLayfield Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 22, 2007
    Wellsville, UT
    I put two in my egg cups, they fit snug and worked well. My egg cups are the older ones tho that come the the little giant turner.

3. chickalator

Mar 5, 2008
    Senoia Georgia
    mine is a hovabator circulated air. I guess i'll try that next time, today is day 12.

4. okiechick57

okiechick57 Chillin' With My Peeps

OH good. [​IMG] someone else incubating button quail... Drives me nuts I can't see in them.......mine are in reg turner.doing okay....only on day 4 here..... long long wait............ do keep us posted on how yours do !

Last edited: Apr 2, 2008
  5. chickalator

Mar 5, 2008
    Senoia Georgia
    will do. I'll try to post some bator pictures, i've never done this before.

6. marie_martin

marie_martin Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2007
    Grenada, MS
    I just put my two batches in the new bator today. I made some little cups out of the foam egg carton cups. Cut them down, and slit it a bunch of times around so I could taper the size down and then taped it. I put a hole in the bottom so the air could still circulate. Then I did some with a piece of foam stuff that is very light and airy?? Just put a strip in each cup and put the egg in the middle. Never occurred to me to just put two eggs in each cup. Will try that next time. I set some seramas and they fit ok but the button quail are just too small.

I will try to post a pic later on.

Good luck.

7. Poison Ivy

Poison Ivy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2007
    Naples, Florida
    I used cotton balls in the bottom of my turner so they would fit. I had 11 out of 13 hatch and one of those was clear.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by