Incubating call ducks and humidity.

Knighstar679

Crowing
Jun 12, 2018
Seneca Falls, NY
So everything I have read says call duck eggs need a higher humidity than say Welsh eggs. I am looking at air cells going into week three here and they are not all near where they need to be. So can I run the incubator mostly dry for a few days and not kill all these eggs to help fix this or am i asking for them to die by doing that.

just for points of reference my incubator has been running at 99.5 and humidity was at 50% for the first week. 45-50% most of this week and the last bit I have been trying to do 38-42%.

I am wondering if running it at 26-36% for the next few days would be ok. I also would be cooling and misting them once a day at night.

Thanks!

Do you have there starting weight? I don't think running dry for a few days would be good, especially since lockdown is coming. I would just run slightly lower humidity than you are now.

Yes..Run it lower for a few days. As soon as you see the air cells are correct put the humidity back up. I set my Humidity to 40% the entire incubation and lockdown at 60%.
Call duck eggs are no different than hatching other eggs.
Try 30% for a couple of days.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom