incubating chicken eggs final 3 days

I keep mine at a minimum of 65% during hatch. If it goes higher I'm OK with that. I've had mine spike to above 85% when the eggs start hatching. They add a lot of moisture when they hatch. I don't worry about it.

Of all the eggs I have hatched I have put the humidity at around 75% at hatch time
Temp stayed at a solid 100
I do not use an egg Turner. I turned them about 5 times a day
And only hatch a few at a time
Most I've had at once was 6 and 5 hatched and I lost one
I have had only a few losses out of the 5 or so times I have incubated
The few I lost were early early in the development stage

update tonight is day 21. they started rocking last night when I got home from work. Even 2 of the ones I would have swore hadn't made it are rocking as well. I'm glad I went with my gut and said let's just see what will happen and left them in for the lock down.

yay

Attachments

• 15689916913882527178618945566233.jpg
    15689916913882527178618945566233.jpg
    200.2 KB · Views: 6
@serenity8327 I have the same incubator. I have realized the temperature after Lockdown is essential but chicks hatch even if it is a degree higher or lower. I have also read that at Lockdown the temp should be a degree lower. On that incubator though the lid does not close well, so you need to make sure it is properly closed. Also, be aware that once the chicks start hatching YOU DO NOT OPEN the incubator! That incubator loses humidity very fast and even if you open it for 2 seconds the humidity drops down significantly and the sensor does not react so fast.
Once all the chicks hatch let me know how clean this incubator... I found it challenging the first time. For your next hatch I would suggest you placing an extra plastic wire on the top that one that is already in the incubator, as the holes of the fabric one are too big and I once had a chick stuck and died in the holes. Here is the extra wire, which I made out of plastic building net left-overs.

IMG_20190921_075556.jpg

Back
Top Bottom