Incubating chicken eggs, it's day 25, and no pips internally or exturnaly.... what should it do???

Elana DeBolt

Songster
5 Years
May 27, 2017
Arkansas
I have done the float test, the water candling test, candling with a light, and tapped the egg. On day 21 the chick was alive but hadn't pipped in or out out the egg, on day 22 i saw no movement:th, and on day 23 i saw a small blood speck on the line of the air cell, this is my first hatch and don't no if i should intervene, any advise would help

What date did you set the eggs? Is your incubator still air or forced air? What has your temperature been? What has your humidity been?

What date did you set the eggs? Is your incubator still air or forced air? What has your temperature been? What has your humidity been?
i put the eggs in the incubator on march 21 2:33 AM, for the fist 18 days i had the egg in a still air incubator that i made, only one made it to day 18 though, on day 18 i moved the egg over in to the "Mini 7 Eggs Digital Incubator Temperature Control Chicken Duck Goose Egg Incubator Automatic Egg Incubator," since then my temperature has been a steady 100 degrees Fahrenheit and my humidity has been over 60% during the entire incubation process

Over 60% is much too high :( It should only ever be that high during the last three days. The chances are good that the egg did not lose enough moisture and that the embryo has drowned. I would carefully open the egg over the air cell and see if it has died.

Update: the chick was died:hit, it didn't pip in the right spot and the membrane suffocated it ( i included a pic for others to refer to)

:thumbsupthanks for the advice, it will save a chick

Attachments

• 100_4888[1].JPG
    100_4888[1].JPG
    327 KB · Views: 71
  • 100_4888[1].JPG
    100_4888[1].JPG
    327 KB · Views: 71
Update: the chick was died:hit, it didn't pip in the right spot and the membrane suffocated it

- Why does the membrane , suffocate it ??

Back
Top Bottom