Incubating Cyuga Duck Eggs

brandy6810

Hatching
5 Years
Jun 16, 2014
ENM, MD
I have a homemade incubator that I currently have 12 Cyuga duck eggs in (possibly could be crossed with buff) anyhow I have read so many different things that temp should be between 98-100 (but being off my a single degree could be harmful??) and humidity for duck eggs is somewhere between 35% and 65% throughout the incubation process and raising it the last three days. But too little humidity is harmful and too much will cause the duck eggs to not loose enough water. So my question is what temperature do I really need to stabilize it to and what humidity is adequate enough for the duck eggs??? The lady I got the eggs from said she incubates her eggs at 60-65% humidity the entire 28 days and has a 90% hatch rate every time! Thanks in advance!

I am not a hatcher - but there are two stickies on incubation - one for waterfowl, one for Muscovies. And if you check in on some of the hatching related threads, you will find people who can help you. I am still learning from reading about it.

I think some of the differences have to do with the particular incubator used. Also, many people get confused between wet bulb reading and relative humidity.

Back
Top Bottom