Incubating duck eggs- advice pretty please.

Pics
I always take the shells out of the incubator as soon as I see that they are fully detached from them.

I do not leave them in the incubator for long, maybe an hour or so at the most. As soon as I see that they have rested, have their little legs under them and start really moving around they go to their nice warm brooder where they have plenty of room to walk around and explore their new world. I don't think they are going to dry off with all that humidity either. I know that a lot of literature says to leave them in the incubator until they do but it's never been a problem for me.
:goodpost:

So much cuteness! You did great! Don't keep beating yourself up over what happened. Chances are the poor little thing wouldn't have made it. Focus on what beautiful little babies you have now and love on them.:love

Thank you, I appreciate everyone on this post so much.

I was hoping I could get some help please from anyone who knows, number 7 our finally baby has just hatched, however he has a little red lump on his belly button, not huge, not bleeding but it is protruding a little. will he be ok?
I have left him in the incubator on dry tissue as its quite damp int heir now but don't think him in the brooder with the others is a good idea and wasn't sure cuddling with me to dry was enough heat.
any suggestions?

many thanks

We now have 4 so far ... however it is very cramped in incubator with 4 ducklings, their shells and still 3 others not hatched.
Should I remove the shells or just wait until these are dry and fluffy and move to brooder?

I am aware welsh harlequins are self sexing in the first couple days ... so if I’m correct this one is a little girl, we also have a little boy and 2 I’m not so sure of right now, their beaks are kind of half and half. I will try get a picture of them later ... it’s so hard to see in atm as the incubator is so condensed x
The bill sexing for them worked great with my first lot, but all looked like females in my July hatch, I have 3 of them left and 2 are male, so don't count on it! lol. So sorry you lost one :( it's always heart breaking but happens to everyone at some point. You did your best. xx

The bill sexing for them worked great with my first lot, but all looked like females in my July hatch, I have 3 of them left and 2 are male, so don't count on it! lol. So sorry you lost one :( it's always heart breaking but happens to everyone at some point. You did your best. xx
I will put up pics of them all separately soon and you cab tell me what you think :)

Back
Top Bottom