Incubating duck eggs

Macbain

In the Brooder
Aug 21, 2021
I have a question about incubating ducks eggs. It takes 7 days for the duck to be fertilized (maybe I’m wrong) but do I have to turn the egg before the 7? Or can I wait to turn them after the 7 days. I’m waiting to take out any unfertilized egg after the 7 day to start hand turning them.

Can you clarify please? Technically, it takes one mating for a duck hen to lay fertile eggs, but the more exposure to the Drake is better. The eggs are either fertile or not before they're incubated, they don't become fertilized in the incubator. Eggs need to be turned at least 3 time per day, in opposite directions, until lock down, it's not great to wait until day 7. Don't wait until day 7. You can see whether or not there's any growth in the eggs by day 4 or 5

You will know if the egg is fertilized by day 7. Yes, you do have to turn it the egg all days during incubation, it keeps the duckling from sticking to the sides of the egg.
But do I have to turn the eggs during those 7 days?

Can you clarify please? Technically, it takes one mating for a duck hen to lay fertile eggs, but the more exposure to the Drake is better. The eggs are either fertile or not before they're incubated, they don't become fertilized in the incubator. Eggs need to be turned at least 3 time per day, in opposite directions, until lock down, it's not great to wait until day 7. Don't wait until day 7. You can see whether or not there's any growth in the eggs by day 4 or 5
I understand, thank you

Back
Top Bottom