Incubating Duck Eggs

I am not a hatcher but often suggest people look at the Hatching Waterfowl Sticky (see the link in blue letters at the top of the Duck Forum for the list of Stickies).

welcome-byc.gif

Yes, this is normal. Ducklings don't hatch until about 28 days, so they should not be trying to hatch yet or making any sounds. Even when they do start to hatch they don't always make any sounds, so don't worry about them being quite. What kind of ducks are they? You should stop turning them tomorrow and put them in lockdown(increase the humidity and close up the incubator. Do not open it again until they have finished hatching!). Ducklings often take what seems like forever to hatch. It normally takes about 12hrs after they internally pip before they externally pip and then another 16 hours or so before they actually begin hatching. This is normal, so please don't try and help them. Also, I would suggest reading the hatching sticky like amiga said.

Just reread your post. If the eggs themselves are shaking, they may be going to hatch early. Id probably go ahead and put them in lockdown.

They should be pipping on around day 26 and should hatch about 48 hours later but that all depends on temperature and humidity, , dont be tempted to help them after pipping its just a waiting game
Regards david

One has pipped and is trying to make it's way out. But there is some Blood. :/ I wet a paper towel and put it underneath the Egg.
I'm hatching Ancona, Runner, Ruoen, Magpie, some Silver Appleyard and a few others. I have a big variety or Breeds.
My temp is currently at 99.5 how much higher does my incubator need to go?

The temp sounds good. It sounds like they're hatching a little early. How's the humidity? You`ll want it to be fairly high since they're trying to hatch now. Did the one that's trying to hatch, pip at the large end of the egg? I think he'll probably be ok, but keep an eye on him because there's not supposed to be blood. Whatever you do; do not try to help him out if there is blood, because he will bleed out if he hasn't finished absorbing everything yet. Id raise the humidity if you haven't already and then close up the incubator and not open it again until they are all done hatching. Good luck! :D

Back
Top Bottom