Incubating Ducklings - Day 23 Pip?

Aluzya

Chirping
Dec 11, 2017
NW Pennsylvania
I have 10 duck eggs in my incubator and we're on day 23 of my first time hatching duck eggs. When I turned the eggs tonight one of them had what appeared to be a pip already. I've never seen my chicken eggs pip that much in advance to when they should be hatching. The duckling is alive inside and chirping. The average temp seems to have been about 99.5 to 99.7 Fahrenheit over the last 23 days. Should I stop turning this egg at this point or continue to turn it? Just a tad bit confused and trying to figure out why this is happening.

I was collecting eggs daily, dating them, and putting them in a carton that was on top of my refrigerator. I don't know if the heat from the fridge could have started incubating the egg. None of the eggs felt warm when I added new eggs to the carton or changing which end was elevated a couple times of day.

Pipped Duckling Day 23.jpg

The egg that pipped last night has made progress. There are also 5 more that have started to pip and have cracked the shell a little. I didn't turn them this morning and decided to start lock down now.

Back
Top Bottom