Incubating ducks day 32…just need some moral support😄

The goo is still slightly attached to the egg if that helps. I have the duckling inside a bowl so that it can’t crawl around. I thought if it was to drag its belly around it might start bleeding or something. It is becoming more lively.
That’s a good idea
Line it with dry papers towel
That’s a lot of yolk left to absorb

He ( I think) made it overnight. Still weaker than the other chick was at this point. And much smaller. One eye is weird looking but I’ve wet it with warm water and will continue to do so. I’m hoping the little one gets stronger.

Yolk thing whatever all it was dried up and he has a dried up ball on his belly. He managed to get out of the bowl overnight.

He ( I think) made it overnight. Still weaker than the other chick was at this point. And much smaller. One eye is weird looking but I’ve wet it with warm water and will continue to do so. I’m hoping the little one gets stronger.

Yolk thing whatever all it was dried up and he has a dried up ball on his belly. He managed to get out of the bowl overnight.

That’s great news
You can try a little sugar water or if you have Nutridrench or save a Chibk add that to water
Will give baby a boost

That’s great news
You can try a little sugar water or if you have Nutridrench or save a Chibk add that to water
Will give baby a boost
Thank you. I dropped them off yesterday with their new owner and she had supplies for the little one. She said it may not make it but she’ll do what she can. She mentioned that it may be blind in one eye and said that the egg wasn’t turned properly. How she could tell I don’t know but she seemed confident. I did use an automatic turner but it was a cheap unit so I’m sure that contributed to many of the issues I had. Again, thank you so much for all of your help☺️

Thank you. I dropped them off yesterday with their new owner and she had supplies for the little one. She said it may not make it but she’ll do what she can. She mentioned that it may be blind in one eye and said that the egg wasn’t turned properly. How she could tell I don’t know but she seemed confident. I did use an automatic turner but it was a cheap unit so I’m sure that contributed to many of the issues I had. Again, thank you so much for all of your help☺️
You’re very welcome
Hopefully she updates you with pics down the road

You’re very welcome
Hopefully she updates you with pics down the road
Hi. Just wanted to update that duckling # 1 is thriving and sadly duckling #2 did not make it. It had signs that the egg wasn’t turned properly and it would’ve likely struggled if it had lived. I learned a lot from the experience and I appreciate all of your help!

Back
Top Bottom