Incubating ducks day 32…just need some moral support😄

Okay. Thank you. Hopefully some progression by morning🤞🏼Their new owner is ready to take them in but just waiting for the second one to finish up 😊 I’m pretty sure it’s to early for imprinting but this little one think I’m momma. She’ll instantly go to sleep when I let her cuddle on my neck.

I unfortunately cannot have more ducks or chickens. I was hatching ducklings for my niece. I didn’t check with her dad. I just took her word for it. He told her it’s best to wait so I thankfully have a coworker that is taking them in😄 He’s hatched a few dozen of my ducks eggs, so I know he knows what’s he’s doing.
Not to early to imprint
You are the first baby saw :)
They can get a little stinky as babies poo and the old shells

How is the little one doing now ?
Any progress ?

Did you remove all the egg shells they can have nasty inside when they hatch and can smell.
How much progress has this duckling made?

since I don't use a bator I don't know exactly where the smell is coming from hopefully @New duck mommy 2021 will be here soon.
There are no shells in the incubator. Just the one waiting to hatch. No poo in there either.

Not to early to imprint
You are the first baby saw :)
They can get a little stinky as babies poo and the old shells

How is the little one doing now ?
Any progress ?
No progress from yesterday. Every now and then some chirping. I can see breathing. I was not able to see veins but I couldn’t really see anything. I have the egg at work with me and baby chick at home with a camera so I can keep an eye on her😄

Last edited:
No progress from yesterday. Every now and then some chirping. I can see breathing. I was not able to see veins but I couldn’t really see anything. I have the egg at work with me and baby chick at home with a camera so I can keep an eye on her😄
Where I candle to look for veins isn’t in the air cell
I will candle the side of the egg all the way to the pointy end above my last line for air cell marking
I marked where I look in purple scribbles
Because baby made his own hit he should hatch himself just fine
After 48 hours of he hasn’t made progress then you could start to help but be patient and give him time

Attachments

• 0529F0FC-2BED-412F-BFDF-B7C5FF1DDF9A.jpeg
    0529F0FC-2BED-412F-BFDF-B7C5FF1DDF9A.jpeg
    187.3 KB · Views: 17
Where I candle to look for veins isn’t in the air cell
I will candle the side of the egg all the way to the pointy end above my last line for air cell marking
I marked where I look in purple scribbles
Because baby made his own hit he should hatch himself just fine
After 48 hours of he hasn’t made progress then you could start to help but be patient and give him time
It’s coming out soon but I still see some veins. It’s actively trying to push its way out. Is that okay? No visible yolk but it isn’t out completely.

It hatched out while we were away and I came home to a yucky yolk sack. Looked slightly busted. That explains the smell I’ve been smelling when I open the incubator. It was strong. Still alive but looks weaker than the other chick did at hatch. It was trying very hard all day to get out so maybe it’s just tired. Any advice on the yolk. I’ll try to get a pic.

Attachments

• 5EAEAE3C-C3A7-43B9-B2D9-90E14F47E46A.jpeg
    5EAEAE3C-C3A7-43B9-B2D9-90E14F47E46A.jpeg
    391.9 KB · Views: 17
  • 9BA6E9FA-1008-4B89-9D6D-10F23F4E03E3.jpeg
    9BA6E9FA-1008-4B89-9D6D-10F23F4E03E3.jpeg
    293.8 KB · Views: 17
It hatched out while we were away and I came home to a yucky yolk sack. Looked slightly busted. That explains the smell I’ve been smelling when I open the incubator. It was strong. Still alive but looks weaker than the other chick did at hatch. It was trying very hard all day to get out so maybe it’s just tired. Any advice on the yolk. I’ll try to get a pic.

I’m not even sure who to tag on this one
Some of the green stuff is egg goo
But I can’t tell if it’s part if the yolk r the end of it
@WVduckchick
Do you have any suggestions ?

I’m not even sure who to tag on this one
Some of the green stuff is egg goo
But I can’t tell if it’s part if the yolk r the end of it
@WVduckchick
Do you have any suggestions ?
The goo is still slightly attached to the egg if that helps. I have the duckling inside a bowl so that it can’t crawl around. I thought if it was to drag its belly around it might start bleeding or something. It is becoming more lively.

Back
Top Bottom