Incubating EBay eggs...?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by thompsonfarm, Jan 18, 2013.

1. thompsonfarm

thompsonfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 12, 2011
    OHIO
    I was thinking about incubating some cream legbars, pure sq ameraucanas, and some marans. I have seen some on eBay that are reasonable and I wondered if anyone has had luck with this sort of thing? I thought this would be a more cost effective way to obtain some rare sq breeds but if wont be if they don't hatch :(

2. AlienChick

AlienChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2010
    Glasgow, KY
    Lots of people have purchased eggs off ebay.
    A lot of the breeders who sell eggs here on the auction forum also sell eggs on ebay.
    Look at what the buyers write about them in the reviews on ebay and make your best selection.
    Also, check out the breed threads here on this forum to see if there is someone near you who has the breeds you are interested in.

3. red golden

red golden Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 22, 2012
    roxboro nc
    Also check craigslist and backpage to see if anyone close to you has what your looking for.

4. gabrielle1976

gabrielle1976 Overrun With Chickens

Feb 21, 2009
    Columbia river gorge
    I have not tried ebay eggs I get all my shipped eggs from here . I would only offer that you should always no matter what your buying buy only from people that have excellent feed back and more then just a couple people try to get someone thats been doing it awhile and has always had exclent feed back. Getting shipped eggs from a relible source is one step into makeing something that already might be wrought with difficulties a little easyer.

5. Pancholoco

Pancholoco Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2012
    Sin, MX. now CA.
    I'm tried Ebay eggs were Coturnix, boght 50 eggs for 20 bucks 10 extras total 60, 8 were infertile, hatched 34, 13 died first days, one at 4th day and one at 2 weeks old, total 19 live chicks.

And got 27 eggs from her, 2 broken 11 were infertile never developed and the rest are developing lock down will be tomorrow [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 18, 2013

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by