1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Incubating for the first time

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by FARMCHICKY, Mar 6, 2013.

1. FARMCHICKY

FARMCHICKY New Egg

Mar 6, 2013
    Im new here and I think I posted this in the wrong section earlier. So, if you have already responded to my post, thank you and sorry you're having to read it again :) I have plenty of experience raising chicks who are a day or two old when I get them. However, I have found myself only having lazy, non-brooding hens. They sit around all day but not on their clutches. I am going to incubate for the first time. I couldn't think of a better place to get advice and tips. I will be turning them by hand. Any information will be greatly appreciated!!! Thank you!

2. ChicKat

ChicKat Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

[​IMG]

Good luck with your hatch, and you came to the right place for answers. If a specific question comes up -- you can always type keyword into the search bar at the top. I did that a LOT for my first hatch.... everytime a question came up.... like 'time from pip to zip' or any of a zillion others -- and you will find that you will discover a thread where there is a discussion and most probably answers already there.

3. gimmie birdies

gimmie birdies Overrun With Chickens

Feb 12, 2013
    Eastern WA
    What kinda bator are you gunna use?

4. gimmie birdies

gimmie birdies Overrun With Chickens

Feb 12, 2013
    Eastern WA
    oh and how many are you going to hatch? I have 3 broody hens who don't lay eggs but they sure hatch'm
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by