Incubating guinea eggs.Sigh.

I am borrowing a still air incubator from a friend to hatch some guinea eggs. It is a little giant incubator and it is my first time to hatch guineas. We have a nest outside that has no less than 15 eggs in it and it is probably around 1 to 2 weeks old. new eggs appear everyday. The incubator doesn't have a fan or temp/humid gage but it does have an auto turn. I need all the advise you can give.
Thanks!!!
yippiechickie.gif

Hey guys, I have a bit of a predicament. I have borrowed an incubator to incubate 23 guinea eggs and so far I have failed. It is a still air 9300 and I have no hygrometer. I filled all the water channels because I watched a video and the lady did that. Then after I came home from school the temp had dropped from a perfect 101.5 to 98.4. I have no idea how long it had stayed like that and then I adjusted it a little to far and at this very moment I am in the process of perfecting the temp. I need your wisdom and experience tips. The eggs have been in there for a whole day now. Will they survive? what should I do? please help!!!!!!!

How soon could you tell the eggs were developing? I set my first ever eggs recently. Yesterday was day 7 so I candled at 37 eggs and they all look like nothing is happening. :(
Some of the eggs were old so I don't expect to have a high hatch rate but some were freshly laid. I will look again at day 14.

We could see veins well defined by day 7.
How soon could you tell the eggs were developing?  I set my first ever eggs recently.  Yesterday was day 7 so I candled at 37 eggs and they all look like nothing is happening.  :(
Some of the eggs were old so I don't expect to have a high hatch rate but some were freshly laid.  I will look again at day 14.

Back
Top Bottom