Incubating Help Please...

Mattlime

Chirping
7 Years
Oct 30, 2012
Bostic, North Carolina
I have had my incubator set up for about three days now and I have gotten it regulated...or so I thought...I have two different types of thermo. in the incubator...I have one that reads 99.5 and one that reads 100-102 does this mean that it is not accurate? I also have the humidity at 40-50 should this be higher than that? I am hatching in an old incubator that is a friends and I have been reading and it says that a still air incubator should have a temp of 102 and humidity levels at 60-62...does that seem to be what I need to do...please help me out...I would like to have a good hatch...thanks

Well it seems one is wrong however if they are in different part of the incubator particularly different heights they might both be correct. First I'd place them in the same location. If they then read different temps you know one or both are wrong. There is methods to calibrate thermometers in these threads. I'd search calibrate thermometer.

I don't still air hatch, but I do know the temps are a little different or measured at the top versus the bottom of the egg. Hopefully someone else will come by to help you with that.

Thanks I have read all I could...I placed them together the first time and they were about the same just one degree different now I have got them to 102...I just do not want to fry them...I read that it can be 102 and be fine...humidity is what I need to bring up...

Back
Top Bottom