incubating help, please..

lo0kitzsarah

Hatching
6 Years
Jul 6, 2013
Ok, I'm sure you've asked a dozen times, lol.. but this is day 23 and i was about to discard the 4 eggs that didn't hatch.. then 2 decided they were gonna pip. Ones bleeding? This is my first time incubating, 6 hatched and 4 died. Anyone know why my egg is bleeding? Thanks for any help. :)

a blood vessel perhaps? I have had duck eggs hatch up to 7 days after I thought they were suppose to
you can only wait and see what happens-make sure your temp and humidity are good. see what everyone else says

if u have any black pepper grind it onto the bleeding and it might stop. black pepper stops bleeding great! good luck!

Last edited:
Ok, I'm sure you've asked a dozen times, lol.. but this is day 23 and i was about to discard the 4 eggs that didn't hatch.. then 2 decided they were gonna pip. Ones bleeding? This is my first time incubating, 6 hatched and 4 died. Anyone know why my egg is bleeding? Thanks for any help.
smile.png
First, It sounds like the incubation temperature was a bit too low. Bump it up half of a degree for the next hatch.

It is common for chicks to pip into a vein. A bit of blood is ok, but you need to make sure the chick can breath. The blood can plug the pip and drown the chick.

Carefully clear the pip to make sure the beak is clean and the chick can breath.

Well after cleaning the egg off, i can't tell where its coming from.. no hole visible.. the temp in my incubator is 101f.. the others all hatched but only made it 1 day. I have 4 eggs left and 3 chicks. I have noticed a lil odor but can't tell if its an egg or leftover hatch goo. Thanks for all the help! :)

Well after cleaning the egg off, i can't tell where its coming from.. no hole visible.. the temp in my incubator is 101f.. the others all hatched but only made it 1 day. I have 4 eggs left and 3 chicks. I have noticed a lil odor but can't tell if its an egg or leftover hatch goo. Thanks for all the help!
smile.png
Get a Brinsea Spot check. You can order it directly from their website. The condition of the chicks suggest that the temps were too low, so the thermometer may be off.

Other thermometers should be calibrated.

Good job on the hatch!

Well after cleaning the egg off, i can't tell where its coming from.. no hole visible.. the temp in my incubator is 101f.. the others all hatched but only made it 1 day. I have 4 eggs left and 3 chicks. I have noticed a lil odor but can't tell if its an egg or leftover hatch goo. Thanks for all the help! :)

Back
Top Bottom