Incubating in my bra

I've been watching your thread since the beginning and decided to try this myself with a chicken egg I will be going on day four later this evening. Can't see anything yet as it's an olive egg so too dark. I'm waiting to candle on day 7/8 can't wait 😁🤞
Update now going into day twelve and my little peep is still very much alive. I'm sorry I didn't take a picture this time as it's difficult for me to get a good view let alone a pic, It's an olive egg after all.

Update now going into day twelve and my little peep is still very much alive. I'm sorry I didn't take a picture this time as it's difficult for me to get a good view let alone a pic, It's an olive egg after all.
I forgot you were doing this too! How can you tell its developing if the egg is so dark?

I get nervous about opening the incubator that much. And handling developing eggs. Not that it's ever happened, but I'm pretty paranoid about dropping them. Also, I am not super great at candling, so I don't know if it'd be much benefit to me to do it daily.
I candle eggs for cracks as part of preparing them for people who will be eating them.
Edited to add: If candling a table egg (over a bowl), I dropped and cracked it, no big deal. Gained the confidence to candle fertile eggs (over a folded towel).

Last edited:
Already day 12 :wee! Go little olive-peep!
I don't plan to candle again until day 14, right before lockdown, which is...*looks at calendar* Saturday, I believe (I'll double check). I will post updated pictures then.
Difficult to be patient :bow I'm rooting for your little Bregg!

I have excellent hatch rates...100% ones.
What I do works for me.
I'm gonna start incubating in the spring so I'm just picking your brain...not judging. And to be clear I will be incubating not bracubating. Not that I'm opposed to trying this, just that Ive got too much going on right now to keep an egg on my person 24/7.

I'm gonna start incubating in the spring so I'm just picking your brain...not judging. And to be clear I will be incubating not bracubating. Not that I'm opposed to trying this, just that Ive got too much going on right now to keep an egg on my person 24/7.
I am steady and fast.
I grab the egg quickly and steady...look quick and put it back.

My incubator stays in a very temp controled room. My incubator does not change but a degree or two when I open and close it fast. My humidity doesn't change much either.

I am steady and fast.
I grab the egg quickly and steady...look quick and put it back.

My incubator stays in a very temp controled room. My incubator does not change but a degree or two when I open and close it fast. My humidity doesn't change much either.

Do you keep your room extra warm for this? I've thought about that kind of thing before...if it's a small room it wouldn't be too hard to keep a space heater going to up the ambient temperature high enough to avoid drastic dips when opening the incubator. I have mine in a small basement room; since it's in a basement there isn't much temperature change through out the day and the surrounding humidity is higher as well.

Back
Top Bottom