Incubating Lavender Ameraucanas Dry Hatch or No?

Pics
Gorgeous! My white silkies started out being buff/calico in color. I was suprised when they feathered out snow white! Vito is a roo, I see the three rows of his pea comb. He will be a stunner!:love
Can you tell if Eloise is from this?😬🤓

Attachments

• 0D0BAC81-46DA-48BF-BD77-9318CED0D6E0.jpeg
    0D0BAC81-46DA-48BF-BD77-9318CED0D6E0.jpeg
    309.5 KB · Views: 7
I emailed her breeder in NC also and she was super sweet too! Said she would send me more in the spring if I just paid shipping! Charlotte seems to be doing well but, is so much smaller than Eloise...Eloise really might be a roo! So cool if I have a roo and a hen to breed! Jmns, Do you think it’s possible to nurse a hen back from Mareks? I took my friends hen in because she has to leave for a month and she has literally been kennel ridden for a little over a month now. We aren’t positive it was Mareks, her others haven’t been affected at all but, she can’t walk. She eats and drinks really well and turns herself around pretty good. Giving her all the good feed and poultry drench...any thoughts or advice. We don’t want to cull but, want to give her every chance we can to heal. She could have possibly been hurt by the rooster too...we just don’t know. I am literally doing chicken physical therapy with her and bringing her outside to keep her happy.
Yes, awesome if you have one of each! Then you can make your own babies and no more shipped eggs!
Sorry about your friend's hen. Sounds ike you are doing the best for her.:love Keep her seperate from your chickens, and be sure to wash hands, change clothing before dealng with your own birds. (Sorry if this sound obvious, but throwing it in)
Mareks is highly contagious. No way of knowing if that is what she has or possibly an injury as you mention.
She may still recover, chickens are resilient! :)

Gorgeous! My white silkies started out being buff/calico in color. I was suprised when they feathered out snow white! Vito is a roo, I see the three rows of his pea comb. He will be a stunner!:love
Vito’s my favorite. I’m trying to give him extra attention hoping it will help him be good to his ladies. I’ve suspected he was a roo since he hatched. Always had the distinctive 3 rows. Odd because my other Ameraucana colors haven’t had the 3 rows at hatch.

Yes, awesome if you have one of each! Then you can make your own babies and no more shipped eggs!
Sorry about your friend's hen. Sounds ike you are doing the best for her.:love Keep her seperate from your chickens, and be sure to wash hands, change clothing before dealng with your own birds. (Sorry if this sound obvious, but throwing it in)
Mareks is highly contagious. No way of knowing if that is what she has or possibly an injury as you mention.
She may still recover, chickens are resilient! :)
Yes being extra cautious. Thanks!

Yes. 5 of the 7 eggs hatched. One of them had two long cracks. View attachment 22705972 of them have yellow in their color. They were supposed to be all LAs. I stressed that when I got them. They are Ameraucanas but who knows if their color will change as they get older or they are another color. Oh well...I have 11 LAs that are leaving the brooder today and going to their own pen outside.
Well done! The yellow is normal:)

Back
Top Bottom