Incubating Lavender Ameraucanas Dry Hatch or No?

Pics

Shellybob

Songster
Mar 30, 2020
Hi all! I will be receiving my LA eggs soon from Three Little Blackbirds in Texas and she mentioned in an Instagram post that they do not hatch as well in incubator as they do under a broody. She also mentioned she had better luck with dry hatching. I will be using Nurture 360 to incubate and really want to get it just right.....Help ???🙃 I live in the desert near Phoenix so its pretty dry already. What do I do? Thanks

The nurture right is awesome . Just follow the directions I've never had an issue with humidity with it.... And I live in northern AZ as well
This is why I am concerned...

Attachments

• 2CA28F17-7844-41FF-8609-E94778241BE3.png
    2CA28F17-7844-41FF-8609-E94778241BE3.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 147
I wondered the same thing. I ordered from her also. She said keep them at a lower humidity than other breeds and said 60% but not sure if that's at hatch or incubation time or what.

I wondered the same thing. I ordered from her also. She said keep them at a lower humidity than other breeds and said 60% but not sure if that's at hatch or incubation time or what.
May 3rd is hatch day, they were delayed in postal service in Phoenix for 4 days too long but when I candled on day 7 there were a few that looked like something was going on in there☺️ I have been running my Nurture 360 at 45-50% humidity and will run it 65 during lockdown. Hoping for the best.

When i incubate ameraucana from my flock, i keep humidity between 30-45% until lockdown then 60-70% and get 90-100% hatch rate.
These being shipped eggs, your results may be different.
Its my first time and has been so confusing because everyone has said something different so I tried to combine everyones opinion. Thank you:) And do you sell your Lav Am eggs? lol

May 3rd is hatch day, they were delayed in postal service in Phoenix for 4 days too long but when I candled on day 7 there were a few that looked like something was going on in there☺ I have been running my Nurture 360 at 45-50% humidity and will run it 65 during lockdown. Hoping for the best.
How did it go with your hatch? I have lavenders coming in the mail any day and wondering about the best way to hatch them. Love to see pics if you have any!
Thanks!:)

How did it go with your hatch? I have lavenders coming in the mail any day and wondering about the best way to hatch them. Love to see pics if you have any!
Thanks!:)
Its day 26, not looking good☹️ Not sure what went wrong but, I just ordered some more eggs this morning. Watch all of my eggs be hatched when I get home from work today!🤣 Post pics of yours when you hatch! Not sure if I should make humidity changes or not...floated between 45-47 then 65-68 in lockdown. Temp stayed stable at 99.5 whole time. I only candled at seven days because I did not want to disrupt more than I had to. I can see large air cell and eggs are very dark inside with my bright led flashlight and slight movements.

Back
Top Bottom