Incubating Lavender Ameraucanas Dry Hatch or No?

So sorry to hear about your chicks!! I know that is very sad after waiting for them expectantly and caring for them for the past three weeks. Hope the next ones do better. I am also fairly new to this. It sounds like your readings were pretty spot on. Hopefully you get some feedback from some of the more experienced forum members.
I’ll let you know if my lavenders hatch! Still haven’t decided which method I am going to use. We have a pretty high ambient humidity here where I live. They are also being shipped so that reduces the hatch rate. We will see. :)

So sorry to hear about your chicks!! I know that is very sad after waiting for them expectantly and caring for them for the past three weeks. Hope the next ones do better. I am also fairly new to this. It sounds like your readings were pretty spot on. Hopefully you get some feedback from some of the more experienced forum members.
I’ll let you know if my lavenders hatch! Still haven’t decided which method I am going to use. We have a pretty high ambient humidity here where I live. They are also being shipped so that reduces the hatch rate. We will see. :)
Thank you:) Yes so disappointing. I hope you have a very successful hatch rate. What breeder did you purchase from if you dont mind sharing? Because I am not giving up, I want Lavenders! Lol

When all is said and done, candle the air cells and see what size they were.

Its almost like that strain has a lethal gene from reading your posted message from her.

When all is said and done, candle the air cells and see what size they were.

Its almost like that strain has a lethal gene from reading your posted message from her.
Yes will do. I had contact with someone in Ohio a few days ago that had two of her 14 hatch from same breeder. She kept her humidity slightly higher than mine it sounded like. I think it had something to do with the long delay with usps probably. Plus, just a touchy breed to hatch , especially for a beginner like me🤓

Thank you:) Yes so disappointing. I hope you have a very successful hatch rate. What breeder did you purchase from if you dont mind sharing? Because I am not giving up, I want Lavenders! Lol
Thanks, I hope so too.The lavender birds are just gorgeous!
The ones that are on the way are from Tarbox Hollow in Nebraska. She has a split lavender and lavender pen so chicks may come out either black or lavender. The black ones will likely carry the gene for lavender though. The other one I looked at was Harrison’s family farm in Texas. :)

Thanks, I hope so too.The lavender birds are just gorgeous!
The ones that are on the way are from Tarbox Hollow in Nebraska. She has a split lavender and lavender pen so chicks may come out either black or lavender. The black ones will likely carry the gene for lavender though. The other one I looked at was Harrison’s family farm in Texas. :)
Thanks so much! Good to know and I had read that about them a few times. Want to learn much more now. Happy hatching

Yes will do. I had contact with someone in Ohio a few days ago that had two of her 14 hatch from same breeder. She kept her humidity slightly higher than mine it sounded like. I think it had something to do with the long delay with usps probably. Plus, just a touchy breed to hatch , especially for a beginner like me🤓
I'm so sorry it didn't go well! I have been wondering about it since our conversation. Did you reorder from TLB again, or where did you get your eggs this time? My 2 chicks are thriving and just gorgeous. Hope you get some this time!!

Attachments

• 96261749_2837071989744604_611271453647568896_n.jpg
    96261749_2837071989744604_611271453647568896_n.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 30
I'm so sorry it didn't go well! I have been wondering about it since our conversation. Did you reorder from TLB again, or where did you get your eggs this time? My 2 chicks are thriving and just gorgeous. Hope you get some this time!!
Omg! They are so precious! Honestly, I don’t even know who the breeder is. I just took a chance because they had 100% positive feedback on ebay and were closer to me(NM) Lol! TLB was sold out except I could have ordered the mixed and got like two LA eggs in there. I didn’t want to take the chance with only two eggs and I want LA only. 🥰 I will attempt again next Spring too. Keep me posted on your sweet baybays;)

Omg! They are so precious! Honestly, I don’t even know who the breeder is. I just took a chance because they had 100% positive feedback on ebay and were closer to me(NM) Lol! TLB was sold out except I could have ordered the mixed and got like two LA eggs in there. I didn’t want to take the chance with only two eggs and I want LA only. 🥰 I will attempt again next Spring too. Keep me posted on your sweet baybays;)
I will have to keep an eye out for your next round!

Back
Top Bottom