Incubating Lavender Ameraucanas Dry Hatch or No?

Pics
The wait is on! Day 21 started last night,nothing yet, but some strong prospects. 5 made it to lockdown. Been playing them chick peeping videos. This is the hardest part!!!
I hope somebody comes out of there for you! Mine didn’t hatch☹️ Too scrambled but, thankful for all of my babies that I do have🥰 Post pics as soon as you can💜

Attachments

• 6DF82F9F-B32B-4643-84CA-288D0AE4B6EE.jpeg
    6DF82F9F-B32B-4643-84CA-288D0AE4B6EE.jpeg
    259 KB · Views: 0
I just finished reading all the posts on this thread.....It was like watching a tv show. You all are determined. Thanks for the reading.

I was at Paul's place last week. He and Angela are good people. I have a lav rooster and 4 lav hens from him. Also, 11 lav chicks that are 2 weeks old. My thoughts were to sell 1 of my 2 roosters from my chicks (wishful thinking, I know there are more) but after reading this thread, I just may keep everybody. You all keep at it!

I just finished reading all the posts on this thread.....It was like watching a tv show. You all are determined. Thanks for the reading.

I was at Paul's place last week. He and Angela are good people. I have a lav rooster and 4 lav hens from him. Also, 11 lav chicks that are 2 weeks old. My thoughts were to sell 1 of my 2 roosters from my chicks (wishful thinking, I know there are more) but after reading this thread, I just may keep everybody. You all keep at it!
So awesome! Keep those beauties!💜 Never giving up!💪🏻

Also am watching 7 eggs in my Nurture Right 360 that I had just got. I heard many good things about the incubator and I saw one on the shelf at TSC so I bought it. Hatch day is supposed to be 7/28. I have not nor will I candle any of them. Maybe after 7/31.....
Nurture 360 holds its temp and humidity well once you get to know it. You are stronger than I am Dry Creek😜 I should not have peeked but, I did👀 And the toasted sponges work awesome. To lower humidity. Are the 7 eggs LA?

I hate to jinx myself by posting here, but :frow I purchased eggs from Paul Smith for his Black/Black Split Lav pen. I ordered 12 eggs, received 15, had 3 clears. I have 10 of 12 fertile eggs going into lockdown to hatch this Thursday. All of this said, I am still not counting my chickens before they hatch.

These babies will not be lavender, BUT they can still get you Lavender within a breeding season. The chicks I hatch will all be black in color, but 50% will carry the lavender gene. Thus these split lavender babies can be bred together to create Lavender babies. You have to test breed the black chicks to determine who is split. Since black birds are hardier overall than the Lavenders from what I understand maybe this is a good option for some. I would also say it is important to consider blacks in any Lavender breeding program for improving your Lavender flock overall.

Hoping you all get your Lavender Ameraucanas soon. Paul emailed me to ask how I handled my eggs so he could pass that on to another customer, so hi "other customer" if you are here! :D

Hi there! I think I was the one Paul emailed you about! Thanks for the advice on the shipped eggs. I’m on day 14 with Paul’s eggs and have 11 left (out of 22). I only have a couple with good air cells, the rest are still a little wobbly. I have hope though!

I would love to go there, but it’s too far from NW Ohio! I’m ordering chicks from them in the Spring! They just don’t ship well! You are very lucky! Welcome to the show lol😎

Back
Top Bottom