Incubating lots of eggs!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Chickenshark, Mar 10, 2011.

1. Chickenshark

Chickenshark In the Brooder

Aug 20, 2010
    Some Ocean
    Okay I should have posted sooner but it never came to mind; We are using an incubater for the first time, the eggs are supposed to hatch in a week or so. I saw a Buckeye egg in the incubater that had some yellowish goop on it, we took that egg out and candled it all we could see was a small air sac so then we put it over a plastic bag in a bowl then we gave it a small tap and it EXPLODED a few things got sprayed with rotten egg, it instantly smelled HORRIBLE we threw the egg in the garbage then took the garbage out and cleaned everything up. it smelled bad for a while. I also learned what rotten eggs smell like [​IMG]. now to wait for the eggs to hatch [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. A.T. Hagan

A.T. Hagan Don't Panic

Aug 13, 2007
    North/Central Florida
    This is the major reason we candle at ten and eighteen days. To get rid of any developing stink bombs.

3. Chickenshark

Aug 20, 2010
    Some Ocean
    We're down to 9 eggs. I was mistaken earlier, the eggs are supposed to start hatching on the 18th [​IMG]

4. Chickenshark

Aug 20, 2010
    Some Ocean
    THE EGGS ARE HATCHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] so far 2 have hatched!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. Chickenshark

Aug 20, 2010
    Some Ocean
    2 More have hatched now we have 4 chicks [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: