Incubating Muscovy duck eggs

Poultrylady2022

Chirping
Mar 13, 2022
Hey everyone, I’m trying to incubate some Muscovy eggs and I have a question. Tomorrow will mark day 7 of them being in the incubator. Some of the eggs I have started noticing veins in them, but quite a few of them do not have veins. It does look like the yolks have changed, but no veins. Does this mean they’re not viable? Or will it take a little longer for the veins to start developing since it takes longer for them to hatch? If that’s the case why do some already have veins? Sorry I know that’s a lot of questions this is my first time incubating them so I’m not really sure what to expect. Thanks in advance!

Hey everyone, I’m trying to incubate some Muscovy eggs and I have a question. Tomorrow will mark day 7 of them being in the incubator. Some of the eggs I have started noticing veins in them, but quite a few of them do not have veins. It does look like the yolks have changed, but no veins. Does this mean they’re not viable? Or will it take a little longer for the veins to start developing since it takes longer for them to hatch? If that’s the case why do some already have veins? Sorry I know that’s a lot of questions this is my first time incubating them so I’m not really sure what to expect. Thanks in advance!
Sorry nobody saw this
Usually by day 7 with all kinds of ducks you can tell as they should get blood veins
With my regular ducks I see blood veins at day 3 and by day 5 little embryo with a heartbeat
You could post the pictures of each egg and we can try to help you if you like
You can also give them another 3-7 days to be sure but if nothing by day 10-14 chuck them

Back
Top Bottom