Incubating Peafowl Eggs.. Why horizontal?

blkwdw

Songster
8 Years
May 29, 2011
why is it important to set these eggs horizontal? Will they still hatch out if left upright in an automatic turner?

Peafowl eggs are difficult to hatch, so I have been told. Mine is on day 6 now. They should be incubated on their side and hand turned 3-5 times a day in
addition to the automatic turner.

I just ask the same question in the peafowl section and some one said , because the eggs are so large that if you set them small end down in the egg turner there is not enough room for the embrio to move inside the egg

now if you set it horizontal looks like there will be more room and a better rotation of the embrio

im new to hatching them this is my first time with this kind of eggs , so i better do what the experinced people recomends, I had to modify my turner just a little

33418_img_4746.jpg

33418_img_4749.jpg

33418_img_4744.jpg

Quote:
idunno.gif

The available room inside the egg should remain the same - no matter the position - at least I would think so, since the egg shell does not lengthen when laid down.
hu.gif
(not saying you are wrong, JM93030, just I do not understand the "room thingie")

Very clever modification
thumbsup.gif

Maybe when on end, they will be too close to the heat element?

Quote:
idunno.gif

The available room inside the egg should remain the same - no matter the position - at least I would think so, since the egg shell does not lengthen when laid down.
hu.gif
(not saying you are wrong, JM93030, just I do not understand the "room thingie")

Very clever modification
thumbsup.gif

Maybe when on end, they will be too close to the heat element?

another thing will be that unless you have the right size rack for the peafowl eggs i guess they can go up right ,because they dont fit safely in the standar size racks taht come with the bator

I am new to hatching this eggs

so I really dont know much

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom