Incubating Pekin Duck Eggs

Keah

In the Brooder
Jul 1, 2015
Hi,

I bet many people have asked this question and I have found many different answers so I am asking here on BYC.
So I had 17 Pekin duck eggs in the incubator, I put them in on the 7/10/15 at around 9pm. So far I have thrown out 3 because they were infertile but the rest are doing great! It is now day 20 of incubation and I am just confirming that on day 25 I stop the turning of eggs and sit them on the grate ready for lockdown. (I have an auto turn bator) I was curious of how you set the eggs on the grate? do you simply sit them there or do you have to have them up a special way.
ALSO I have the temperature at 37.5 degrees Celsius and at 55% humidity. I know I have to bump up the temp and humidity but when and to what?
oh and ALSOOOO I know not to open the bator until ALL ducklings hatch but do I keep the temp and humidity the same when they are drying off? What do I change it to?

Thanks everyone and if you have any other advice, I would really appreciate it :)

Hi,

I bet many people have asked this question and I have found many different answers so I am asking here on BYC.
So I had 17 Pekin duck eggs in the incubator, I put them in on the 7/10/15 at around 9pm. So far I have thrown out 3 because they were infertile but the rest are doing great! It is now day 20 of incubation and I am just confirming that on day 25 I stop the turning of eggs and sit them on the grate ready for lockdown. Yes. (I have an auto turn bator) I was curious of how you set the eggs on the grate? do you simply sit them there or do you have to have them up a special way Just set them on the grate; no special way. .
ALSO I have the temperature at 37.5 degrees Celsius and at 55% humidity. I know I have to bump up the temp and humidity but when and to what? This I am unsure of as I raise other species than you. I am sure you could find the answer by typing your question in the advanced search box at the top of this page.
oh and ALSOOOO I know not to open the bator until ALL ducklings hatch but do I keep the temp and humidity the same when they are drying off? Yes. Not all the eggs will hatch at the same time. What do I change it to? No change.

Thanks everyone and if you have any other advice, I would really appreciate it :)

Back
Top Bottom