Incubating Pheasant eggs

VicR

Chirping
Jun 26, 2018
Ive got my incubator warming up and i'm trying to figure out the humidity for the eggs. I have trace amounts of water in the incubator and it reads at 59%, with a temperature of 99.1F. For those of you who have hatched pheasant eggs what is a good range for the humidity? If my humidity is too high, how can I lower it? Ive seen suggestions for humidity for 53% or 45-50%. Im not sure what to go by. Thank you!

Both are important! I incubate mine at 100°F just because my incubators are easier to set at 100°F than 99.5°F. (cabinet GQF) I run humidity at 43% until the last 3 days, then raise it to 60 - 65% . If you go above 70%, you will increase the likelihood of having 'stuck' chicks. Which creates other problems as well as the likelihood of the chicks having curled toes due to the amount of time it takes for them to get out of the shell.

Thank you! do you have any ideas as to why my humidity keeps dropping? It will be stable for hours then all of a sudden (towards the night) it will just drop and then my alarm will go off. I feel like its soo unstable, I'm worried that the eggs are going to be affected.

Thank you! do you have any ideas as to why my humidity keeps dropping? It will be stable for hours then all of a sudden (towards the night) it will just drop and then my alarm will go off. I feel like its soo unstable, I'm worried that the eggs are going to be affected.
Depends on many factors, the ambient humidity at your location and how much surface area in the incubator is being used are the main issues. You just have to figure out how much water to add and a replenishment schedule to keep the humidity as near constant as you want, with the surface area you have to work with to keep it within the range you choose to incubate the eggs. It will be different from one persons location to another, and from one incubator to another, so there are no 'hard and fast' rules to regulating humidity, no single tip or advice will guarantee that it will work for you.

That is correct I've lost a lot learning and have finally got it right. I incubate in an air conditioned room at 55% at 100*for 21 days then move to a hatcher with 75% humidity and temp lowered to 97. Hatch rate is now 75%. Standing eggs up in a tray and rotating every 4 hours. Have no bad legs or feet and use to in the beginning. Cabinet type incubator from rite farm inc. Every place is different so experiment with every batch till you get it.

Back
Top Bottom