• START TURNING IMMEDIATELY

Votes: 7 25.9%
  • START TURNING AFTER 24 HOURS

Votes: 8 29.6%
  • START TURNING AFTER 36 HOURS

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • START TURNING AFTER 48 HOURS

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • START TURNING MORE THAN 48 HOURS LATER (3, 4, 5, 6, 7 DAYS)

Votes: 5 18.5%

• Total voters
I've got generally better results incubating upright and not turning for the first 2-3 days. I've tried quite a few ways now and they all worked to some degree. Sometimes I wonder if the method made that much of a difference or not but I try to stick to the method that gave me the best results coincidence or not. :lol:

I think it would be a great test if someone experienced with hatching got a large order of eggs from a single source and split them into different groups with different methods. Having at least a dozen eggs in each group might give a decent answer into if the method used made much of a difference or not.
This is kind of the reasoning I was using with my current decision. Looking back on the shipped eggs I have hatched, I have had the best results with eggs laying on their sides.
This would be a great experiment. Would have to have identical incubators to minimize variables.😊

My broodies incubate eggs on the side. I don’t offer them in an egg carton. 🤣

But seriously. I think that it makes no big difference in the outcome because I have seen industrial incubators with a tray where you need to put the eggs upright (bold side with air chamber up).
IMO it would be strange though if nature doesn’t do the right thing in such matter.
But I’m not sure.🤷🏻‍♀️

My broodies incubate eggs on the side. I don’t offer them in an egg carton. 🤣

But seriously. I think that it makes no big difference in the outcome because I have seen industrial incubators with a tray where you need to put the eggs upright (bold side with air chamber up).
IMO it would be strange though if nature doesn’t do the right thing in such matter.
But I’m not sure.🤷🏻‍♀️
Agree, broodies know best!🥰
But it is also not natural to stick a bunch of eggs in a box and ship them around the country in an airplane either.🤣

How did your hatch go?
Just had this one lovely paint cockerel hatch! I am keeping him. He is 3 weeks old.
Between myself and the breeder we figured that it was just bad handling by USPS coming here all the way to Hawaii and possibly exposure to x-ray? Not really sure,but no more shipped eggs for me for awhile anyway!
Honestly don’t know which method is best but the consensus seems to be for earlier turning and laying on their sides was 50-50 with incubating them upright.😊
C54B8DA3-7CFF-4D98-B132-538036461772.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom