Incubating postal eggs

I have read from other people that have tried a longer rest time and then shorter (just letting them come to room temp) and they had no difference in hatch rate. I have done both and didn't really see any difference. I have also tried to leave any with wobbly or detached air cells upright and put them laying flat and turning right away and I didn't notice any difference. if completely detached (floating all over with smaller bubbles) never developed either way and wobbly ended up saddled no matter what I did. My last hatch was a day later than when I was expecting them and I need to start other eggs 3 weeks and 1 day later so I let them come to room temp with a rest of around 8 hrs and set them. I had an 82% hatch rate which for shipped eggs is really good..........

so all that to say I think you are fine but everyone has their own way of doing things. Fingers crossed for new babies in 3 weeks!!!!!!!!

Over the last 2-3 years, we've purchased Chicken, Duck, Goose and Quail eggs through EBay and have received those eggs via USPS, the only eggs we've had problems with during incubation were the ones that got delayed in transit and those that were poorly packaged thus got severely beat up during shipping and suffered severe Saddlebag Air cells or detached Air Cells ... over time we've learned that we have a much much greater success hatching when we do not leave the eggs 'resting' for 12-24 hours but place them in the 'ready' incubator right away ... to each their own!

You probably candled the eggs for defects before setting them, so If the eggs do not develop, it wont be because you only let the eggs rest for 8 hours but because you've been dealing with an untrustworthy seller

Back
Top Bottom