Incubating Quail Eggs!

Wonder Quails

Songster
Oct 22, 2022
Hello!
I am currently hatching my very first quail eggs and I wanted to try to do it without buying an incubator!
So, I decided to try to use hot water bottles for the heat. So far, they are 15 days old. I candled them
during day 9/14 to see and they have been developing well! However, since I know that day 15 is lockdown day, I have
to stop turning eggs. Does anyone know how to not turn them and also change the water in the hot water bottles? Also,
does anyone think this will work? I am quite doubtful...:(

( I am new to here and looking forward to joining this lovely community!!!!:):D:wee)

A little more info will would be helpful. How often are you changing the water? Could you take pictures of your setup? How did the eggs look when you candled? You are attempting to incubate in a way I've never thought or heard of. I'm skeptical about if it will work but interested to see your results.

Hello!
I am currently hatching my very first quail eggs and I wanted to try to do it without buying an incubator!
So, I decided to try to use hot water bottles for the heat. So far, they are 15 days old. I candled them
during day 9/14 to see and they have been developing well! However, since I know that day 15 is lockdown day, I have
to stop turning eggs. Does anyone know how to not turn them and also change the water in the hot water bottles? Also,
does anyone think this will work? I am quite doubtful...:(

( I am new to here and looking forward to joining this lovely community!!!!:):D:wee)
Can you take a few pictures in a dark room while candling right now?

FOr the water, I am changing around 10 hours. My hot water bottle stays actually quite long, so it's helpful. Also, for my setup, I have hot water bottles(2 and around the eggs), and some cotton to keep the heat in. During day 9, I could definitely see a lot of veins and the shadow of the body. (my lights weren't good)

Back
Top Bottom