Incubating Rouen Ducks

rocky871

Chirping
Jun 2, 2020
South Florida
Hi all,

I will be getting some Rouen eggs to incubate next week from the mail. I read somewhere that you need to let the eggs rest before putting them in the incubator. How long do I let the shipped eggs rest? Also, is someone here familiar incubating Rouen eggs? In terms of the temperature and humidity (I have a still-air incubator and live in South Florida). Do I follow the guidelines for basic duck incubation? How long do they take to hatch? Any advice & help would be very much appreciated!

Thank you!

sophiafur

Chirping
May 22, 2020
Hi all,

I will be getting some Rouen eggs to incubate next week from the mail. I read somewhere that you need to let the eggs rest before putting them in the incubator. How long do I let the shipped eggs rest? Also, is someone here familiar incubating Rouen eggs? In terms of the temperature and humidity (I have a still-air incubator and live in South Florida). Do I follow the guidelines for basic duck incubation? How long do they take to hatch? Any advice & help would be very much appreciated!

Thank you!
You should let them sit 24 hours from after postage, thats what i did, some people do less. keep the temp around 99.5 and humidity 45-55 and on last 3 days put the humidity up to like 70% some people do differently this worked for my ducks and chickens. Good luck!

rocky871

Chirping
Jun 2, 2020
South Florida
You should let them sit 24 hours from after postage, thats what i did, some people do less. keep the temp around 99.5 and humidity 45-55 and on last 3 days put the humidity up to like 70% some people do differently this worked for my ducks and chickens. Good luck!

Thank you! Even in a still air incubator, it should be 99.5? I've read on a few sites that it should be a little higher.

Top Bottom