Incubating small eggs...some ?s

Guitartists

Resistance is futile
11 Years
Mar 21, 2008
Michigan
I searched and didn't find any posts for this, so here it goes.....

To all those that have incubated small eggs.... seramas, japanese, smaller bantams, etc. ..... do you find that they do better in an incubator with all small eggs. Have you had success hatching them along with larger eggs???

I had 4 d'uccle eggs in with my large eggs. 2 were scrambled and the two I have left have living chicks in them. Last night when I candled I was on day 14. But the air cells seem really rather large..... and this has me very concerned. Is this normal??? Maybe they needed a higher humidity than the larger eggs so they wouldn't lose as much so fast??? The large eggs look great. From pics I've seen on candling they are how they should be. My humidity has been close to 40% for most of the time. There has been few fluctuations... I think my house must have a matching humidity level due to the rain lately.

I think next time if I am going to have small eggs... I will do only small eggs together in the bator. Any suggestions or experiences with this? Am I being overly concerned??? Has anyone else noticed this delima before? I REALLY want these 2 little eggs to hatch! All the pics of candled eggs online are of standard size eggs..... so I don't have much to go on. Keeping my fingers crossed since so far they are still kickin
fl.gif

Eeek.... I hope my humidity is high enough in case they make an early appearance
tongue.png
Do yours tend to hatch before or after you bump the humidity up?

I had button quail in with my bantam eggs-I did move them to a separate hatcher when it was time. I have heard of people making dividers in their bator for different breeds, ect. Maybe something like that would work?

Back
Top Bottom