INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
A brilliant observation! It's a building material store... how bright do you actually have to be? It's not like you're physically using the products or anything. That sometimes requires simple thought processes!!!
ep.gif
What's really sad it that it wasn't too many years ago that you could actually find clerks in Lowes & Depot who were well versed in the trades; not so much anymore, 'though you can sill get lucky once in a while.

O-M-G... really??? It's not like it's the first time this has ever happened. Okay, it is for me, but really? Okay... okay... please stop. Please stop pausing the applause!!!
lau.gif

I wondered where you had gotten off to. Now I know. Wow... thanks, Bubbles!
hugs.gif

:eek: :eek: :eek:

ll

how many days did you store them? and what conditions?

Hatching Eggs 101 Place the eggs upright in an egg carton with the FAT, air cell end of the egg UP! Allow eggs to sit in a moderately cool, somewhat humid place for storage. Basements are great. Moderately cool means 55-65 degrees. Rotate your eggs a 3 times a day to keep the embryo from sticking. An easy way to turn all of the eggs at once is to place a thick book under one end of the carton, and later remove the book and put it under the other end of the carton, 3 times a day. Before adding eggs to the incubator always WARM eggs UP slowly to room temperature. IF THE EGGS ARE COLD Condensation can cause bacterial growth on the eggs! You can collect eggs up until 10 days or so, but after the 7[SUP]th[/SUP] day lower hatch rates may result. 
Stored eggs take longer to hatch (about one hour per day of storage).​
[COLOR=FF0000]if you must wash using water warmer than the egg using warm water[/COLOR]​
[COLOR=FF0000]as to not force bacteria into the egg( thermal properties) 1T bleach per gal.[/COLOR]​
It is important to ALWAYS wash your hands before handling your hatching eggs!​
geezzz thanks Joey :lau

I only store eggs for ten days for setting, no exceptions. Eggs are kept in styrofoam trays and moved twice daily (angled). I keep them in my back bedroom, it was cold out so I could not store in the barn or shed, and because it was so cold we had the heat on. I tried to keep below 65 degrees but it is very possible some of the eggs got up to 70 degrees, although it would have only been for a short time. I am hoping ur is right and I'm not going to worry until I candle Sunday :)

O-M-G... really??? It's not like it's the first time this has ever happened. Okay, it is for me, but really? Okay... okay... please stop. Please stop pausing the applause!!!  :lau

I wondered where you had gotten off to. Now I know. Wow... thanks, Bubbles!  :hugs

You are welcome! :hugs

The two assists snuggled in their private box. Chirping away.

clap.gif
how cute!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations on your 100% hatch, Joey!!
celebrate.gif
woot.gif
yippiechickie.gif
ya.gif
woot.gif
bun.gif
ya.gif
woot.gif
yippiechickie.gif
ya.gif
bun.gif

@Ur-ur-ur-urrr
Give him a BIG BIG hand, everybody!!!

Absolutely amazing job, and great on:

woot.gif
yippiechickie.gif
ya.gif
bun.gif
woot.gif
bun.gif
celebrate.gif
woot.gif
ya.gif
jumpy.gif
YAY well done Bubbles! thank you!!! congrats Joey!

hey didnt TJ and Cynthia have 100% too> ?

O-M-G... really??? It's not like it's the first time this has ever happened. Okay, it is for me, but really? Okay... okay... please stop. Please stop pausing the applause!!!
lau.gif

I wondered where you had gotten off to. Now I know. Wow... thanks, Bubbles!
hugs.gif
lau.gif

I only store eggs for ten days for setting, no exceptions. Eggs are kept in styrofoam trays and moved twice daily (angled). I keep them in my back bedroom, it was cold out so I could not store in the barn or shed, and because it was so cold we had the heat on. I tried to keep below 65 degrees but it is very possible some of the eggs got up to 70 degrees, although it would have only been for a short time. I am hoping ur is right and I'm not going to worry until I candle Sunday
smile.png
fl.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom