INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesssssss... He's super funny @FridayYet...and full of spirit, @Fire Ant Farm.... Juuuusssst full of it!
1f61c.png
I can see how it would get annoying, but so funny I wish I'd thought of it!

hugs.gif
Why are you anxious?

Well. Just re-watching the Mockingjay Part 1. :)

Was that movie any good? Haven't gotten around to watching it yet, saw the first two.

Well, folks, I have a very full day tomorrow, so I decided to gently candle the shipped eggs a little early (day 7 tomorrow). Good news is that out of 16 that I set, I seem to have good development (veins) in 13 (hard to see embryo in most, and didn't want to fiddle with them too much). One more has veins, but they look spotty, like maybe the embryo JUST died - I put it back in, but am not hopeful (had large and jiggly saddle at set). The remaining two are clearly completely scrambled, including the one with the multiple bubbles at set, and one with rolling air cell at set. They were culled.

Bad news is 1) air cells are CRAZY looking and slightly jiggly at edges. Will continue to gently turn, but will hatch upright most likely, just in case. And 2) air cells are very big (some of the eggs were older, so their air cells at set were a bit like the size of day 7 cells, and many were porous, so perhaps they are losing moisture faster). I increased the humidity to 45% (from 40%), and will recheck at next candle. I did not weigh (don't trust because had already lost moisture at time of set).

So, still unsure how they'll do going forward, but at least there's a chance for some. (Some air cells were more whacky than others...) I already have an arrangement for replacement eggs from the source, who has figured out/fixed the shipping issues.
fl.gif

@Sally Sunshine

- Ant Farm

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom