INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also -- thanks to those who chimed in last night when I was freaked out, thinking I had chicks with open navels. I ended up waiting and watching and eventually realized they were fine!!! Just came out with gunk in different places than the previous chicks had. All is well.
smile.png

BUT ... I do have another "First Time Hatch Mama" question that I posted in the board because I didn't want to bother you all again ... but it has been an hour since I posted and I am concerned about too much time going by and missing my window.

15 of our 18 eggs hatched yesterday. Of the three left, I thought only one had pipped -- I just pulled out the oldest and completely dry babies because it was getting nuts in there and a bantam egg was getting knocked around like crazy.

I discovered one of the eggs that I thought had NOT pipped had indeed pipped but the hole was upside down and that open area had been sitting in some gunk and had gotten stuck to the floor. I pried it up, not realizing it was pipped till after I had lifted it -- the pipped area -- shell bits and membrane -- were kind of glued down to the mat.

It is now right side up and I can see the chick breathing but I have no idea how long the chick had been like that, etc. I am just watching it now but when should I make the call that it is time to help? It has now been an hour and it hasn't attempted to peck, move, etc. Just breathing.

Advice?

Step by Step Guide to ASSISTED Hatching - Click HERE

Hey Jack!!!

All of my White eggs hatched!!!! are you sure yours are clears?????? will take pics after the serama hatch they are late again for some reason!!!

Quick question. We set eggs a few hours ago in our LG 9300. The humidity is at 55 on the hydrometer which was calibrated. Should we stress and wait a while longer before removing some water or go ahead and remove water from 2 channels now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom