INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't rub it in! :hit

I is being good, vary vary good... Don't make me be bad and try and hatch shipped calls... Twould end in tradgedy! :oops:

Sorry, I know you are being good.  I think they are cute, but learning how LOUD and messy they are, I don't want any.  I live near a lake that I can go visit the ducks any time I want.  I may not get my little duckie fix that way, but I"ll have to make due!!  Good luck with staying strong!!!!!!!:hugs

[VIDEO]

Don't want any? *does not compute!!*
lau.gif

Thanks.... I am trying SO hard to steer clear of the BST area. Too many lovely breeds.... And DUCKS!!!
droolin.gif
love.gif

I think I can I think I can I think I can I think I can........
-Banti
I wish I could, I wish I could, I wish I could, I wish I could

I need all yalls help. I hatched out 4 chicks out a month ago, and I worried that 3/4 of them are roosters. What do y'all think?

1. White Creasted Black Polish x BCM

2. White Crested Black Polish c BCM

3. EE x BCM

4. Blue Ameraucana x BCM

Thanks!

Congratulations!!  Go chickies go!!  You should have little chickies soon!!

With my broodies....I went to bring the 3 oldest chicks inside - these have hatched the last 3 days - I was just going to leave the baby that hatched this morning with the moms and 1 egg.  But, when I lifted the hen, the last egg had JUST hatched!  Whoo Hoo.  I think the broody hens are WAY Better at hatching than I am. So, there are 2 young babies and zero eggs out there now.

Since all their eggs hatched, can I sneak a couple of the easter HAL eggs under there to see if they will hatch those?  Or, will these two hens want to rejoin the flock as soon as the 2 babies that I left in there are ready to join the rest of the flock?  They have both fought over the eggs and now they keep trying to steal the babies from each other.
She already has 3 chicks, which already makes broody hens way better than my bator. Not to mention she can keep them warm too!
1f602.png
broody's are awesome!

Ugh! This gopher thing is driving me nuts! I am trying to catch it, but I suspect it is stealing some of the eggs that the hens are laying. So I am trying to be present when the next hen lays an egg, which is now. (They have to lay eggs closest to the gopher's hole, and not in the nest boxes provided
1f644.png
) anyways, my birds are so dramatic that when the the roosters favorite hen leaves him ( to go lay an egg) he screams, literally. So here I am with a screaming roo, a hen laying an egg, and a gopher. Living the dream!
1f602.png

Ugh! This gopher thing is driving me nuts! I am trying to catch it, but I suspect it is stealing some of the eggs that the hens are laying. So I am trying to be present when the next hen lays an egg, which is now. (They have to lay eggs closest to the gopher's hole, and not in the nest boxes provided
1f644.png
) anyways, my birds are so dramatic that when the the roosters favorite hen leaves him ( to go lay an egg) he screams, literally. So here I am with a screaming roo, a hen laying an egg, and a gopher. Living the dream!
1f602.png
good luck

She already has 3 chicks, which already makes broody hens way better than my bator. Not to mention she can keep them warm too!
1f602.png
broody's are awesome!
The two broody hens have actually hatched 7 over the past 6 days. All healthy. We found the first 2, DAYS earlier than I expected, running around with the big chickies. Both mom's were stuck to the eggs. We took those babies and sold them. But on Friday night one hatched, on Saturday morning another, on Sunday night another, this morning another and now 60 minutes or so ago a chick hatched. The blue silkie mom gets up and follows the babies around, the white has stayed glued to the eggs.

These girls are AWESOME. They are WAY, way, way better than I am at hatching. I wish I had given them more eggs!!! Now I'm wondering HOW long they stay broody!! Can I give them some already brewing eggs to finish?.

The two broody hens have actually hatched 7 over the past 6 days.  All healthy.  We found the first 2, DAYS earlier than I expected, running around with the big chickies.  Both mom's were stuck to the eggs.  We took those babies and sold them.  But on Friday night one hatched, on Saturday morning another, on Sunday night another, this morning another and now 60 minutes or so ago a chick hatched.   The blue silkie mom gets up and follows the babies around, the white has stayed glued to the eggs. 

These girls are AWESOME. They are WAY, way, way better than I am at hatching.   I wish I had given them more eggs!!!  Now I'm wondering HOW long they stay broody!!  Can I give them some already brewing eggs to finish?.

That's great! Broody's are really awesome! I am getting some meat birds so I might add in a bantam Cochin with the order and put it under the broody. I think I have another hen starting to go broody. She is constantly running back and forth to the nest and is tossing straw and feathers into it...could she be starting to go broody?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom