INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a few hens in my flock like that now. It's not just pecking if I try to reach under them, its flying off the nest flogging, scratching and clawing at my head if I get within a few feet of the nest. Love them!
I have a couple of Delaware that are the first to come up to me and peck at my clothing. But, that is as aggressive as they get. All 14 of my laying hens (non silkie) let me reach into the nesting box to take eggs. Maybe a light peck, but nothing that could hurt.

I can't wait until one of my "real" chickens goes broody to see how they act,,,,if they are not aggressive, does that mean I'm a chicken whisperer???
lau.gif

CC your Pendencenca have the distinct " King comb" of the breed?
I have a good freind that have them! See is link it us in Hebrew but you will shoorly understend the pics....
lau.gif

http://www.lulyfarm.com/
Yes I see it. Looks exactly the same. It is called the King's comb and also a Carnation comb because it is supposed to open into a flower in the back.
I wasn't aware they were anywhere besides Spain, Germany, Ireland, Argentina, USA and Canada.
I absolutely love the breed and have forsaken all other favorites.

Penedesencas and their sister breed, Empordanesa, are the only ones in the world with that comb but more importantly, the only breeds with white earlobes that lay a brown egg. And what a beautiful brown egg it is.

Speaking of "real" chickens, I put a couple of BR cockerels in the freezer yesterday. The plucker worked fine, but it's not much fun maneuvering the chickens to the proper positions. Will start working on plans to convert it to a drum-type plucker.

hit.gif
Thanks for the update. I figured it might be a bit of a hassle. But if it's quicker, it may be worth it.

Ok,I'm really worried thing three is moving places inside the egg but still has not pipped through
If it is alive, why are you worried?

Since you have no other hobbies, why don't you just crack it open and kill it?

I have a few hens in my flock like that now. It's not just pecking if I try to reach under them, its flying off the nest flogging, scratching and clawing at my head if I get within a few feet of the nest. Love them!
I do too.
Add the fluffed up charging to a frizzle hen and it is quite scary.

Last edited:
Question. How do i teach the chicks not to peck at my hand? Its adorable now, but it wont be when they get older.
Also where do chicks liked to be pet/scratched?

Yes I see it. Looks exactly the same. It is called the King's comb and also a Carnation comb because it is supposed to open into a flower in the back. I wasn't aware they were anywhere besides Spain, Germany, Ireland, Argentina, USA and Canada. I absolutely love the breed and have forsaken all other favorites. Penedesencas and their sister breed, Empordanesa, are the only ones in the world with that comb but more importantly, the only breeds with white earlobes that lay a brown egg. And what a beautiful brown egg it is. Thanks for the update. I figured it might be a bit of a hassle. But if it's quicker, it may be worth it. If it is alive, why are you worried? Since you have no other hobbies, why don't you just crack it open and kill it? I do too. Add the fluffed up charging to a frizzle hen and it is quite scary.
X1000 CH sit on your hands if you have to but leave that poor thing alone. That is exactly what i did when i was hatching chicks and i got an excellent hatch rate. Only open the inc if its absolutely neccesary! Which currently it is not! So just listen and wait for them to get out of that egg.

everyone said don't assist.I guess he ran out of air space.he passed away in the egg

I'm sorry to hear that :( add hard and sad as it is, if he wasn't strong enough to pup the shell, he wasn't meant to make it. It's a harsh truth unfortunately. I've helped some in the past who couldn't pip the shell on their own and regretted it layer when I watched them die from not being strong enough. Don't beat yourself up over it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom