Incubating Without Electricity???

All you gotta do is put the eggs in a basket on my Grandma's kitchen counter by the stove. She always has something simmering on her stove, making the kitchen temperature and humidity perfect for hatching. I spent the summer at her house one year and watched two batches of eggs hatch that way. Yes, I watched them, it wasn't just some tale Grandma told us.
lol.png

Quote:
You got it
wink.png
Just want options; in case timing isn't right or lacking number of broodies, etc... Wonderful input from you all; thanks!
big_smile.png

I'm digging the "Kerosene-Powered Chicken Egg Incubator" method, just not the price. I'll have to search around for some downloadable plans... I'm also intrigued by the "12volt" route. Both will involve some considerable investment. Investing the time isn't as big of a deal as the investment of finances.

Any more ideas or thoughts? Keep 'em flowin'
wink.png
I'm way digging the "Kerosene-Powered Chicken Egg Incubator

I have hatched in a Toaster Oven repeatedly. I set the temp to 100 degrees, turned eggs twice a day, filled the little pan with water underneath, and kept it full. I also know someone who hatched in an electric skillet. Of course now I have two incubators (Hova Bators, old ones), and I just ordered one of the clear Incubators off ebay.

JustAChickenLittle&More :

I have hatched in a Toaster Oven repeatedly. I set the temp to 100 degrees, turned eggs twice a day, filled the little pan with water underneath, and kept it full. I also know someone who hatched in an electric skillet. Of course now I have two incubators (Hova Bators, old ones), and I just ordered one of the clear Incubators off ebay.

Unless you have discovered a battery operated toaster over, they need electricity.​

just get a flock of game hens, 100 % go broody and if you pull eggs just before they hatch will stay broody for months. if no place to put the eggs, pull chicks, she will be back to broody in no time.

Back
Top Bottom