Incubation advice needed

:frow I'm going to start incubating eggs soon, and I need advice on what to do, such as the main things. An one more question :p How long can I leave fertilized eggs before incubating?
If you didn't already know, chicks take 3 weeks to incubate and hatch. The hatch date usually fluctuates about 1-2 days before or after the expected hatch date depending on the humidity. Higher humidity (50%-60%) usually results in a later hatch. Lower humidity (40%-50%) usually results in an earlier hatch. If you don't have an egg turner in your incubator, you have to roll the eggs by hand. I usually roll them 3 times a day but don't freak out if you forget to roll them for a day. They will be fine (Just don't make a habit out of it lol). I usually set alarms for when I wake up, at lunchtime, and before I go to bed to roll the eggs. On the last 3 days of incubation, take the egg roller out of the incubator and stop rolling the eggs. This allows the chick to get into the hatching position. Also on the last 3 days, the humidity should go up to about 60%-70% but it's ok if you forget I've had successful hatches with the humidity staying around 40%-50% the whole 21 days. After the chick has hatched, keep it in the incubator for about 24 hours. Depending on the low temp for where you are, keep the chick inside. I usually don't keep babies outside if it's below 65 degrees. You are going to need a heat lamp regardless for the chicks in their first week of living.

Back
Top Bottom