INCUBATION EGGS

zuluchicken

In the Brooder
7 Years
Aug 11, 2012
Witsand, Western Cape, South Africa
Dear BYC Members.

As a result of a faulty thermometer I have overheated the eggs in my incubator up to 41C (106F) during the first 8 days. The problem has been corrected but is it too late now?

We also have regular power outages which results in the temprature dropping as low as 27C (80F). Have the eggs been spoiled? I am on day 9 now. Is it worth continuing with this batch?

Last edited:
We've seen eggs survive some extremes, so I'd say candle them and see what you have going on. Excessively high temps are usually more harmful than low ones.

I am happy to let you know that I continued with the incubation of the eggs and this morning, 01 June, we had 12 little faces staring at us when I opened the door of the incubator. Despite the "abuse' the eggs had to endure all the eggs have hatched- did not loose a single egg.

I am happy to let you know that I continued with the incubation of the eggs and this morning, 01 June, we had 12 little faces staring at us when I opened the door of the incubator. Despite the "abuse' the eggs had to endure all the eggs have hatched- did not loose a single egg.

Wow, that's incredible! Congratulations!! They are cuties!

That's awesome!!!
jumpy.gif

Back
Top Bottom