incubation experiment,do they have a chance?

Ok so I have 10 eggs I put in my little giant still air incubator, these eggs are from my young hens ,they should be fertile as I checked a few eggs for fertility befor setting these 10.The ones I checked looked fertile , they had been in my fridge for about 2-3 weeks and I let them set out for 12-24hrs to get back to room temp befor placing them in my incubator. I know incubating eggs that have been in the fridge is not the best idea and they have a low chance of hatching because if that ,however they have been in my incubator for 2 days now ,its too soon to candle but I was wondering if anyone has successfully hatched refridgerated eggs?do they have a chance?
Expiriment Update 🐣😁, so I added 3 fresh eggs to the batch,setting 1 a day last one went in on 31st , so I will have to prepare for scattered hatch if any of them hatch that is . 3 of the refridgerated have started to develope along with the 3 fresh eggs ,1 of the refridgerated eggs seems to be growing strong on day 10 with fetal movement the other 2 refridgerated eggs I am unsure on but I do see what appears to be fetal development however they seem behind, I doubt if those 2 will hatch but I don't see a blood ring. I won't be posting candling pictures as I doubt I could get any decent ones but will post another update when they start rocking and pipping or if they don't make it .😀

Ok so I have 10 eggs I put in my little giant still air incubator, these eggs are from my young hens ,they should be fertile as I checked a few eggs for fertility befor setting these 10.The ones I checked looked fertile , they had been in my fridge for about 2-3 weeks and I let them set out for 12-24hrs to get back to room temp befor placing them in my incubator. I know incubating eggs that have been in the fridge is not the best idea and they have a low chance of hatching because if that ,however they have been in my incubator for 2 days now ,its too soon to candle but I was wondering if anyone has successfully hatched refridgerated eggs?do they have a chance?

UPDATE, the fresh eggs added to the batch have officially made it to lockdown😀 ,there are three of them and they have started wiggling I'm hoping they will hatch 🐣if they do I will post pictures if anyone is still interested 🙂

🐣🐥😀My two lil hatchlings from this experiment. These two chicks were two of the fresh eggs that were set so as for the experiment I guess it failed because these 2 were not refridgerated but at least they hatched and are very strong and healthy rir Silkies.🐣🐣

Attachments

• 20211121_102317_resized.jpg
    20211121_102317_resized.jpg
    361.7 KB · Views: 5
ooo, what cuties!! :D even if the experiment didn't work out, at least you know for next time. they were refrigerated for quite a long time before setting, I think you'd have better luck with eggs that weren't as old if you decided to try again.

ooo, what cuties!! :D even if the experiment didn't work out, at least you know for next time. they were refrigerated for quite a long time before setting, I think you'd have better luck with eggs that weren't as old if you decided to try again.
Thankyou ,🙂I have ordered some duck eggs that should arrive in the next few days ,hopefully they will do much better .

Back
Top Bottom