Incubation help

chickmama22

In the Brooder
May 7, 2016
King, NC
So a few of you may remember me posting a few days ago. My pekin duck eggs are now day 26. No pips yet. The air cell is really small for 26 day ducks, but thanks to your suggestions it's grown a bit. Now looking like a 10 day air cell in some of them. There's 5. Im staggering the hatches I have in the same incubator. It was a hard decision to leave them in there but the hatching incubator I bought is just too small for all 5 eggs. It holds 7 chicken eggs.

My question is, since I have the air cell problem, are there any complications I should expect? They're all moving around nicely. Honestly they look small to me for 26 days. If I could figure out how to post a pic I would do it. Any advice on what to expect and how to deal is so very welcome. This is my first batch and eggs are from my own ducks.

Last edited:
Also another question, we bought our 2 ducks from tractor supply. With hatching our own, do I need to vaccinate them? I've read that they don't need it, but I'm curious as to what the experts think ;)

At day 31 they're probably not going to hatch :( You can give it a few more days if you want to be sure. With the small air cells, my guess would be that they drowned. How has your temperature been throughout incubation? Also no, they will not need any vaccinations.

Back
Top Bottom