Incubation Newbie with questions :)

CarrilynnW

In the Brooder
Apr 27, 2017
Hi, this is our first time using an incubator. We are nearing the end of the period, and hope to start hearing little pips any day now. However, for the first week or so, we continued to add eggs, not realizing that there was supposed to be a lock down at the very end. We have some that may hatch this weekend, but some aren't due until next weekend. We have only one incubator, and we are using the automatic Turner. What should we do when we begin to hear those pips? Remove the Turner? Trying to learn as we go, and feeling​ bad that I didn't know as much as I needed to before we started out. Hoping we wont lose too many due to my negligence, and that I'll learn enough through this experience that we will do better on our next attempt. Thanks​ in advance for any help you can give!

Hi, this is our first time using an incubator. We are nearing the end of the period, and hope to start hearing little pips any day now. However, for the first week or so, we continued to add eggs, not realizing that there was supposed to be a lock down at the very end. We have some that may hatch this weekend, but some aren't due until next weekend. We have only one incubator, and we are using the automatic Turner. What should we do when we begin to hear those pips? Remove the Turner? Trying to learn as we go, and feeling​ bad that I didn't know as much as I needed to before we started out. Hoping we wont lose too many due to my negligence, and that I'll learn enough through this experience that we will do better on our next attempt. Thanks​ in advance for any help you can give!
Please go ask on the incubating with friends thread by @Sally Sunshine. Also there is an extensive notes section on the first page of the thread. :fl

Back
Top Bottom