Incubation progress of Muscovy eggs

Hay everyone this is my first time trying to hatch muscovys in an incubator. I've done a lot of reading and found that keeping the humidity low will help with hatch rate. My ? Is I have candled some of them and there 6
days old should I start seeing blood vesicles?
All I'm seeing is orange/yellow color

Last edited:
Hay everyone this is my first time trying to hatch muscovys in an incubator. I've done a lot of reading and found that keeping the humidity low will help with hatch rate. My ? Is I have candled some of them and there 6
days old should I start seeing blood vesicles?
All I'm seeing is orange/yellow color

I'm 13 days into my first batch and I didn't see any veins until days 7 - 11. Anything still orange/yellow (clear) at that stage I took out. They were never fertile.

I'm 13 days into my first batch and I didn't see any veins until days 7 - 11. Anything still orange/yellow (clear) at that stage I took out. They were never fertile.

Thanks I'm watching these guys like a hawk I've been told there the hardest to hatch.

Thanks I'm watching these guys like a hawk I've been told there the hardest to hatch.

I was told the same thing. I was so nervous and was over thinking it all and was quite daunted... and then I spoke to Yinepu on here. What a wealth of information that lady is!
Worth a chat if you need any clarification:)
Being my first time I made a lot of mistakes to start with and out of 38 eggs I've only got 17 viable ones left. And there's no garauntees they will all hatch and survive but after having a really good chat with yinepu and asking a lot of questions I won't be in the same boat next time:)

Hi in a couple if weeks I am going to try and hatch 12 pekin 12 Rouen and 12 Muscovy, I know if I want them to hatch in the same day the Muscovy have to go in 8 days earlier (that's right isn't it?) and that's about it haha they stay at 37.5 oC and if I'm doing a dry hatch around 30% and turn three times daily. And on the final 3 days stop turning and bring humidity up to 60% I'm not to sure on what else to do, if anybody could give tips or help on what to do that would be amazing
Thanks Reece

Back
Top Bottom