Incubation progress of Muscovy eggs

19/19 pips, first one zipped.
big_smile.png
Bet I'll have a nest full of peepers tomorrow.

15 hatched, 2 more just about there. Moved 1 under my broody chicken, as it had only slightly pipped and seemed to be barely moving.. that way I can keep an eye on it without bugging mama scovy.. First baby was shrinkwrapping a bit, as it was so far ahead of the others and then stopped and waited, had to tear the membrane for it, but did all the shell work itself.

Had one dead one.. not too sure what exactly happened. Egg was cold. After opening, I noticed the air pocket was where the belly would be. The external pip was at the fat end of the egg.

15 hatched, 2 more just about there. Moved 1 under my broody chicken, as it had only slightly pipped and seemed to be barely moving.. that way I can keep an eye on it without bugging mama scovy.. First baby was shrinkwrapping a bit, as it was so far ahead of the others and then stopped and waited, had to tear the membrane for it, but did all the shell work itself.

Had one dead one.. not too sure what exactly happened. Egg was cold. After opening, I noticed the air pocket was where the belly would be. The external pip was at the fat end of the egg.

CONGRATULATIONS on a successful hatch. Nice cute babies

One of my girls is due to hatch today, as at yesterday when I candled none had piped, however when I checked this morning four out of 15 eggs had internally piped. I'm on edge as this is my first ever hatch.

How exciting!

-Kathy

I feel excited and same time anxious. Additionally, another one is to hatch 4/5 June (a mixture of Muscovy and mallard derivative eggs, 16 in all), then the following week another 12 mixed eggs. They are crazy about the job. I'm soon to be overrun with ducklings.
wee.gif

Last edited:
I feel excited and same time anxious. Additionally, another one is to hatch 4/5 June (a mixture of Muscovy and mallard derivative eggs, 16 in all), then the following week another 12 mixed eggs. They are crazy about the job. I'm soon to be overrun with ducklings.
wee.gif
Yeah, about the same here, ducks on eggs all over the yard. Also have a gazillion peafowl eggs in the incubator. Have you hatched Muscovy eggs before?

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom