Incubation Temp

josand

In the Brooder
6 Years
Hi, I have just put 27 quail eggs into my incubator and wondered what temp they need to be incubated at. Is it the same as chickens?
I have been given these eggs and am not sure if they are viable or not, but want to give it a go :) Any help would be appreciated. I have hatched hens eggs satisfactorily in my incubator which is a Janoel24 so hope i will have the same success with quail. I have a pair of Golden quail which are in separate cages and am desperate to have company for them!!
Jo

Hetching quail eggs is the same as hen eggs. With the difference of the days, 20-21 days for hen eggs, and 17-18 days for quail eggs.

Hi, I have just put 27 quail eggs into my incubator and wondered what temp they need to be incubated at. Is it the same as chickens?
I have been given these eggs and am not sure if they are viable or not, but want to give it a go :) Any help would be appreciated. I have hatched hens eggs satisfactorily in my incubator which is a Janoel24 so hope i will have the same success with quail. I have a pair of Golden quail which are in separate cages and am desperate to have company for them!!
Jo
99 3/4* F @ 55% humidity. On day 14 run the humidity up to 70% and keep it there until they hatch.

Is there a trick to getting humidity up? I followed the directions for my incubator and have only gotten it to 49%, usually hangs around 30-35%.

Is there a trick to getting humidity up? I followed the directions for my incubator and have only gotten it to 49%, usually hangs around 30-35%.
Increase the exposed surface area of water. It is the fastest way to increase humidity. Basically put a wider/longer bowl (depth doesn' matter for anything besides how often you fill it) the more surface area of water the more potential evaporative under heat.

Well out of my 27 original eggs, I have 3 lovely little chicks. These are a bonus as I was given these eggs by 2 different people, and both were not sure if they would be viable.
On candling them, most were not fertile, so delighted to have 3 little cheepers, and they are doing well. I have now got another 40 in the incubator from a breeder, so fingers crossed I will have a better hatch. I dry hatch with my incubator which is a Janoel24 and have had great results.

Back
Top Bottom